You are invited to take part in an interactive web broadcast on Wednesday, 16th October 2013 with leading weed researchers, farmers and agronomists who will answer questions on the latest strategies to manage weed numbers in broadacre crops.
The discussion will address the range of options available to help manage the weed seedbank, as well as general strategies to help promote the long term sustainability of herbicides.
Enabled by the latest technology, the web broadcast will be streamed on the internet and growers from across Australia will be able to ask their own questions of the panel – live!
Panel speakers will be at the Wagga Wagga Agricultural Institute Conference Facility and include:
- Peter Newman, Leader of Communications, Australian Herbicide Resistance Initiative
- Ray Harrington, Darkan grower (WA) and developer of the Harrington Seed Destructor
- Lachlan Caldwell, Agronomist with Delta Agribusiness, at Lachlan Fertilizers Rural, Grenfell.
- Prof. Dierdre Lemerle, weed scientist and Director of the Graham Centre for Agricultural Innovation (an alliance between Charles Sturt University and NSW DPI), Wagga Wagga
- Murray Scholz, Culcairn grower (NSW) and Nuffield Scholar.
- Michael Widderick, Principal Research Scientist (Weeds), Agri-Science Queensland, Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry, Queensland
Event: Weed Management – It’s a Numbers Game!: Live Web Broadcast
When: Wednesday, 16 October 2013
@ 12pm – 1:30pm (Australian Eastern Daylight Time)
To register and view the broadcast visit:
Login prior to the event on the computer and use the click “test” to ensure the web conferencing software is compatible. You will need the latest Flash player.
During the broadcast questions can be asked via a ‘chat’ window on the webcast page or by tweeting #weedsmart. You can also email questions in advance to Kate Leahy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the broadcast please contact Kate Leahy on email@example.com or phone 02 6020 3247.