S07E19 Crop topping tips to stop weed seed set pre-harvest
On this podcast episode, we catch up with some of our WeedSmart Extension Agronomists to chat about stopping weed seed set ahead of harvest.
Southern Extension Agronomist, Greg Condon co-hosts on this episode.
We hear from our Southern Extension Agronomist Chris Davey, who focuses on 2,4-D application. Our Northern Extension Agronomist, Paul McIntosh, provides an update on how harvest is going in his region and what the additional rain has meant for weed control in the north.
Western Extension Agronomist, Peter Newman also joins us to give an overview of desiccation and crop topping in the west.
- GRDC Pre-harvest Herbicide Use fact sheet
- GRDC Spray Application Manual
- 2021 crop topping podcast – this one is a bit more technical compared to the one we did for this episode.
WeedSmart Week Dalby
- Dec 6 & 7 at Dalby Showgrounds
- Forum Day, farm visits and Machinery Expo
Get your tickets here before Oct 23 for a discounted rate.
Crop Protection Forum
- November 16 at Riverina Playhouse Theatre in Wagga Wagga
- Focusing on research updates and practical solutions for weeds, diseases and pests
- This event is targeting agronomists primarily